In selected cases the glossary attempts to describe the structural part-of hierarchy of terms for parts of organisms. This is an experimental feature and currently incomplete. We welcome any contributions to this work!
In general it would be best to say: A pit is part of thallus surface. However, the Wiki technology we use does not support indications of relational semantics of a link (as the currently still experimental "ontology Wikis" do). Thus the expression above can not easily be distinguished from structure is below the thallus surface. We therefore had to introduce special category terms, combining the relation and target as in part-of thallus surface.
By clicking on any of the links below you will see a list of all pages containing a link to a given category. With few exceptions (e. g. the links from this page), these links indicate that a glossary entry belongs to that category.
This category has the following 13 subcategories, out of 13 total.
- ► Part of ascocarp (2 C, 41 P)
- ► Part of ascospore (1 C, 4 P)
- ► Part of ascus (2 C, 43 P)
- ► Part of conidioma (3 P)
- ► Part of ectal exciple (2 P)
- ► Part of lower thallus surface (1 C, 28 P)
- ► Part of proper exciple (4 P)
- ► Part of septum (1 P)
- ► Part of spore (2 C, 24 P)
- ► Part of spore septum (2 P)
- ► Part of thallus interior (10 P)
- ► Part of thallus surface (34 P)
- ► Part of upper thallus surface (20 P)